I've been wanting to make one of these coffee filter wreaths for some time now. I couldn't decide whether to use the white or the tan filters... so I used both! This may have been my biggest mistake as it only increased resemblance to a doughnut (Andrew's first words were that this looked just like a doughnut).
1. Supplies: Styrofoam wreath, Coffee filters (I got one bag of each color, but 1 bag should be plenty), a hot glue gun, & a marker.
2. If using 2 colors, measure & draw lines on the wreath for where to place each color. I used the length of a glue stick.
3. Wrap filter paper around end of marker & place dime-sized dot of glue on bottom of filter-paper-covered-marker-end.
4. Stick marker with paper onto wreath & hold a few seconds for glue to stick & dry.
5. Remove marker and repeat.
I first placed it on the door, but then decided that the poofy-ness was a bit overwhelming.
PS- this is Andrew's least favorite craft of mine thus far... He was sure to make that clear. I told him I was glad he was partaking in my crafting- I can take critiquing.